Yes and no! You should first consider the work environment. Is it more conservative or casual? Consider the location. Are you in a beach area where it is more casual and is the norm?
I have listed a few items for you to consider when you are deciding to sport Capri’s this summer!
- The shorter the pant leg, the more casual the look.
- Wider hips…wider Capri pant leg.
- Avoid tapered, tapered, Capri’s…not flattering on any body type.
- Avoid many details…a clean flat front is most professional.
- Utilize in a dressier fabric…wash-n-wear cottons are too casual for the office.
- Always wear long sleeves or a jacket shirt to keep it professional.
- For a more conservative environment that allows casual for summer, always wear a jacket with the look.
- Dressier shoes work best, avoid flats, this just makes the look too casual.
- If you are a Senior Leader, or looking in that direction, I would consider not wearing them. The look can take away from your personal brand.
A bad example of WHAT NOT TO DO! Unless you work at a hunting camp lodge!